- When & What is Cyber Monday?
- What kind of products are best to buy on Cyber Monday?
- What are the tools/apps/hacks to compare prices and track the best deals?
- How can you plan in advance before the ‘Big Day’?
- How to make the most out of your Cyber Monday treasure-hunt?
- How can you maximize your savings using coupons and reward points?
- What are some of the cyber security measures to seriously consider?
With the Christmas shopping season knocking on the door, are you ready to plunge into a world of colossal bargains and absurdly fabulous deals? Time to gear up for the sensational moments by getting your facts correct.
When & What is Cyber Monday?
The immediate successor of ‘Black Friday’, ‘Cyber Monday’ is another ‘shopping holiday’ celebrated on the first Monday following Thanksgiving.
Inextricably linked with each other, these magical terms evoke inordinate amounts of excitement among consumers, who compete with great zeal to pick up the most incredible deals offered by the e-commerce retail giants as well as the traditional outlets.
Cyber Monday – November 28, 2016
Instead of being driven nuts by the ridiculously overcrowded stores and the parking lot bursting at its seams, making fuss-free purchases at home or at work seems to make more sense with the latest technology at your fingertips.
Wondering what’s the buzz about Cyber Monday? Here are some stats – www.pfsweb.com/blog/cyber-monday-2015-results-infographic/
What kind of products are best to buy on Cyber Monday?
There are a few tips and tricks which can help you grab better deals during your Cyber Monday shopping spree. It is quite evident from the reports of shopping insiders on Cyber Monday deals that the most attractive discount rates are offered in the cases of specific categories of products.
While Black Friday witnesses whopping discounts on video games, iPhones and headphones, Cyber Monday features the best deals in categories such as toys, apparel, footwear, beauty products and office supplies.
If you concentrate on these areas at the time of preparing your Cyber Monday wish list, then you can easily end up bagging more items without having to exceed your budget.
For further guidance, refer to this: http://dealnews.com/features/How-Deals-Will-Differ-on-Thanksgiving-vs.-Black-Friday-vs.-Cyber-Monday/879878.html
What are the tools/apps/hacks to compare prices and track the best deals?
Make the fullest use of technological tools available at your disposal to strike a comparison between the irresistible offers doing the rounds. However, do not forget to take into account the shipping costs for figuring out the exact pocket pinch. These popular apps and sites would make your task a lot easier:
- Red Laser – informs you regarding the best price of a product, using scanned bar codes or snapshots.
- Invisible Hand – it instantly indicates when you are about to overpay for an item.
- Google Shopping – lists prices for an item in all the nearby stores, so that you have an idea about the average cost.
- CamelCamelCamel – specializes in NewEgg, Amazon and Best Buy Cyber Monday price tracking. It alerts you regarding sudden drops in the prices of your desired products.
Read to discover more: http://lifehacker.com/five-best-price-tracking-tools-1692745053
Else, refer to LifeHacker’s top picks – http://lifehacker.com/five-best-price-tracking-tools-1692745053
How can you plan in advance before the ‘Big Day’?
Cannot wait to scoop up the best Walmart Cyber Monday deals before the others get the opportunity to discover? Your task does not simply end with downloading the apps of your preferred online retail merchants, or signing up for e-mail alerts and newsletters.
Use the social media to stay abreast of all sorts of promotional offers and special deals being dished out by top brands. Keeping a well-planned shopping list handy helps in steering clear of confusion and prevents wastage of money on impulsive purchases.
Check out Wikihow’s classic ‘how to create shopping list‘ page, here – http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Shopping-List
Amazon Cyber Monday shopping can turn out to be a lot more lucrative with a membership, since you would be one of the first people to access their flash deals. It also makes you eligible for free two-day shipping.
Click to learn more: http://time.com/money/4127433/cyber-monday-2015-sales-deals/
How to make the most out of your Cyber Monday treasure-hunt?
If you wish to avail the best Cyber Monday deals then you better get started early, because every single second counts! You surely do not want those incredible Toys R Us Cyber Monday deals to slip away before you even get to log in!
Here are a number of key steps to keep in mind, so that you do not miss out on the live action:
- Pre-load your shopping cart at least 24 hours in advance. This would automatically help in saving your valuable time and enable you to checkout remarkably faster.
- Do not forget to check out a few deal tracking sites such as offers.com, dealnews, Bargainist and RetailMeNot.com in order to keep yourself updated with the latest sales highlights.
- Preparing a priority list in advance can help you to keep your cool amidst the e-commerce frenzy! Consult CyberMonday.com or Slickdeals.com for wiser shopping decisions.
Check this out for more information: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/save-money-online-on-cyber-monday-1.aspx
How can you maximize your savings using coupons and reward points?
Check out some of the most happening reward sites such as FatWallet, SwagBucks, MyPoints and Ebates for earning points and cash back on your Nike, eBay, or dell Cyber Monday purchases. Save cash by seeking out coupon codes at retailmenot.com, currentcodes.com or other such websites.
You might want to check out MakeUseOf’s top 7 picks of best cashback sites, here – www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-cashback-websites-save-money-everything/
Do not assume that using only one promo code is permitted checkout. For instance, Kohl’s or Target Cyber Monday sales feature coupon stacking where multiple promo codes are accepted on a single order.
What are some of the cyber security measures to seriously consider?
Adopting a few basic precautionary measures can go a long way in shielding you against the proliferating hackers or scammers on the prowl during this action-packed shopping season. Do keep these guidelines in mind for protecting sensitive personal data while you are busy narrowing in on the best Cyber Monday laptop deals or travel deals:
- Be very careful of fake websites and do not allow yourself to get duped by clicking on phony e-mails. Simply open your browser, enter the given URL and check for yourself whether the offers exist in reality or not. If there are no matches, then it is possibly a scam.
- As advised by the ‘Better Business Bureau’, you got to secure your purchases by entering your credit card details only on web pages with secure sockets layer or SSL security. Ensure that the URL begins with ‘https://’ instead of ‘http://’.
- It would be better to stick to trusted online retail sites, or the ones you are more accustomed with. Before pouncing on unbelievable deals or steep discounts which seem too good to be true, verify the legitimacy of that particular site.
- Avoid making online purchases using debit cards. In case of a breach, your bank account details can be accessed by hackers. Opting for credit cards would be wiser than wire transfers or non-plastic payment methods. Try using a single credit card for all your Cyber Monday online shopping.
- Ensure that your antivirus software is up to date for offering optimal protection from malicious sites. Tighten the security of your system by using the latest versions of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet explorer.
This article can further enlighten you with additional suggestions: http://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/last-minute-cyber-monday-advice-mistakes-to-avoid
Last but not the least, enjoy a happy and safe shopping season, and do not succumb to the trap of deceptive marketing schemes.