The term jailbreaking denotes a process in which any limitations on iOS imposed by Apple are removed. It is simply done by uploading a custom kernel and by carrying out major changes in files. Jail breaking process can be applied to any device launched by Apple such as iPhone, iPod, iPad and Apple TV. This process allows a user to gain ultimate access of operating system thereby unlocking all features which were previously locked. Once iOS is jail broken, user can download third party applications, extensions and themes which are not available through official Apple store using installers such as Cydia.
The iPhone 3.1.3 update released by Apple cannot be jail broken with older versions of jail breaking software. Thus users had to wait until the newer versions of such software were made available by hackers. There are various software available on internet which can be downloaded freely and which can be used to unlock or jail break an iPhone.
Top iPhone Jailbreak Software
- Jail break
We will take a brief review of how to jail break iPhone 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4.
- User will have to update its iPhone 3.1.3 firmware using iTunes. One can found downloading and installing instructions for iPhone 3.1.3 on following web site: http://www.redmondpie.com/download-iphone-os-3.1.3-firmware-9140418/.
- Start redsn0w 0.9.4 and point it to old version of your firmware i.e. 3.1.2.
- You will be presented now with a screen having various options; select “Install Cydia”, “Already pwned”, and “Unlock”.
- Now you are ready to start. But before starting make sure that your device is plugged to the computer and is turned off.
- Connect your iPhone in recovery mode by pressing home and power button continuously.
- Now it’s time to sit back and allow resn0w to do the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone 2G will restart. You’re done!
Note: This is special note for iPhone 3G and 3GS users. Please stay away from this official upgrade unless and until DevTeam or George Hotz releases or notify about the new jail breaking or unlocking software for 3.1.3 firmware.
Disclaimer: This information is purely for educational purpose and web site is not responsible for any loss of data or malfunctioning of your mobile.
This article was last updated on September 11th, 2011 in Iphone