Total Commander, also known as Orthodox File Manager (OFM) type working software. It is compatible with Windows. It is also applicable for Windows CE plus Windows Mobile. The incomparable features of this software are; seeded FTP, file comparison facility, archived file browsing and an adjustable multi-rename kit with expression support on daily basis.
The program can be extended by programmers with the help of plug-in-API plus it has capability to fasten external programs to move study and edit files. One of the features of Total Commander is that it allows users to use the duo of EXT2/EXT3 and Raiser separations. Thus if a pc contains the duo of Windows and Linux, you can handle the Linux objects while working on Windows.
From 1993 to 2002, the edition was popular by the name of Windows Commander. Then it was changed to Total Commander as Microsoft appealed as Windows was the trademark name belonging to Microsoft.
The features of Total Commander include:
- Windows of two files can be accessed side to side.
- Multiple language facility along with Unicode support.
- Enhanced Search Function.
- Compare Files (now with editor)/ can synchronize directories.
- Rapid view panel plus bitmap showcase.
- LZH, RAR, ZIP, ARJ, UC2, CAB, ACE, TAR, GZ surrogate handling capability.
- Seeded FTP along with FXP, HTTP alternative support.
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool.
- Tabular interface along with regular expressions.
- Thumbnail view and custom columns.
- Comparable editor, partitioned trees, logging plus enhanced rewritten quotes.
- Unicode names.
- Many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions.
Sites where Total Commander is available for download:
- Direct Download hosted by Amazon Cloudfront
Click on any of the above provided mirrors. It will navigate you to a page where you are provided the option of downloading. Tap on the “Download” button to progress. You will then be given a list of sponsored websites that will allow you to download Total Commander. Click on any of the links. An option will pop out at the bottom left corner of your screen. You be asked to “Select” or “Discard” download of the software. Choose the “Select” option to download.
This article was last updated on June 29th, 2011 in Downloads